Classroom Project: Animation
There’s nothing quite like animation and cartoons for getting students engaged in the classroom, even when the subject matter itself is complex and technical in nature. With a free teacher account from GoAnimate4Schools, you can tap into a growing database of educational materials that were created by instructors from around the world, and that focus on using animation in the classroom.
With a single teacher account you get unlimited access to all GoAnimate4Schools features, and also post animations to a public gallery. Once you’ve registered and logged onto your account, let your students get familiar with the site by creating a free animation of up to two minutes in length.
Here are the steps that your students will take:
- Select one of the site’s preformatted template designs
- Choose one or more characters from the options provided by the site, and/or upload personal images to use as characters
- Upload a photograph of the student’s own face to place over a character (for a comical touch)
- Choose a background for the animation (the site offers various options)
- Create speech bubbles that will be used to make the characters speak
- Add audio to the shows by uploading music or use the site’s text-to-voice and voice recording capabilities
- Upload the finished product to a public gallery, and share it across various social networking platforms directly from GoAnimate